Wherein I start a blog on April 1st.
April Fools! Actually, no, but I do understand the significance of starting something today. The least of which is that I have a convenient date to remember if this thing lasts.
I’ve tried blogging before, but it didn’t last. I might be bringing some of those posts onto here, but this will primarily be all new stuff! Opinions! Reviews!
All the stuff that I can’t explain in 140 characters on Twitter.
See, I’m tired of not being able to fully explain my own opinions. I don’t usually have a friend with me when I have awesome thoughts, and some thoughts are too big a tweet. Thus, this attempt at a blog.
Now, why should you listen to what I think?
Honestly, that’s up to you. I shouldn’t have to defend my thoughts, they are MY thoughts. You can read or not read at your leisure, I fully agree with the God given and Government approved right of Free Will. This is the Internet. If you don’t like something here, save yourself time and frustration and find something you do like!
These will be my personal opinions and thoughts and reviews, and:
- If you read them because the title/concept intrigue you, excellent!
- If you read them because you’re interested in what your friend is thinking, even more excellent!
- If you read them because you’re bored and have randomly found them…Okay, I’m hardly going to send you away…
Now, who am I? What qualifies me to give opinions on anything? What have I achieved?
- First, it’s Internet. I’m breathing and my heart’s beating, so I can give my thoughts like so many others.
- I’m in my twenties, am employed at a video/web production company, currently single and not particularly looking, and have gone to college for multimedia design.
- I’m a video/card/board/dice gamer, and have some knowledge about a lot of games.
- I’ve happily been to PAX East 2011 in Boston, will be composing a post about that, and will be going to every PAX East I can for as long as it lasts!
- I captured all 150 Pokemon in Blue version, and own a game from each generation. My favorite Pokemon is Dewgong.
- I have learned Dwarf Fortress, and play it, using the default ASCII graphics.
- I have been the DM of an AD&D 2e campaign for a year, with a minimum of three and an average of nine players, and currently I have three married couples playing under me.
- I wrote a 50,000 word novel for National Novel Writer’s Month 2009, but was only able to write 15,000 for 2010.
- I was a big fan of animals as a kid, and that knowledge hasn’t left me.
- I rated myself a 13/20 in Awesomeness for my PAX East trading card, and some friends have told me I rated myself too low.
So. That’s some of me, some of what I’ve done. Let’s see what I can do with this…